Over the past year, the pandemic has made many adjustments to our lives, and added no less extra pounds. But summer is just around the corner – stop sitting! There is still time to put yourself in order and meet the summer season in your favorite outfits.
Why are we gaining extra pounds?
- Improper nutrition – high-calorie food, numerous snacks or, conversely, malnutrition disrupt metabolism, entailing not only weight gain, but also various other diseases.
- A sedentary lifestyle – the energy that we get with food must be spent. If this is not done, the metabolism slows down and extra calories are simply not burned.
- Lack of sleep – affects the level of leptin in the blood, a hormone that is responsible for suppressing appetite. The lower the leptin level, the stronger the hunger.
- Stress – increases the level of cortisol, thereby slowing down the metabolism.
How to make home workout effective
A set of fitness exercises that you can do at home is the key to a beautiful figure. To train to be effective, do it regularly, observing several rules.
- Eat 1.5-2 hours before exercise.
- Start your workout with a warm-up. This will warm up the muscles and avoid injury.
- Drink water during your workout to stay hydrated.
- Do not exceed a break between exercises for more than 1 minute – an intense workout will help you burn those extra pounds faster.
- Alternating strength and cardio workouts will help you lose weight and build muscle.
- Eat a healthy diet – your energy expenditure should be greater than your calories.
- Finish your workout with stretching to relax your muscles and release tension.